ECA Supports Members through Educational and Informational Services
ECA represents and serves its members in many ways:
- We work with a Joint Arbitration Board to manage our industry´s collective bargaining agreement, including our apprentice and journeyman training programs.
- We work with local code bodies, keeping our members up-to-date on matters affecting their services to customers.
- We help our members maintain and improve their operations through educational and training programs for contractors.
- We are leaders in a variety of industry groups. For instance, we are active members of the Construction Employers Association, the Illinois Mechanical & Specialty Contractors Association, the Electric Association, and the Construction Industry Affairs Committee.
- We are the Chicago and Cook County Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors´ Association. ECA makes all of the services of the national organization available to our members.
- We serve as liaison to government agencies such as OSHA, and the OFCCP, keeping members informed of the latest governmental regulations affecting their construction projects.
- Our office serves as an information warehouse where contractors can obtain information on just about any topic affecting the electrical construction industry.
- We provide safety training programs which help to improve job site efficiency, keep job site accidents to a minimum, and help keep employers' operating costs down.
ECA members that use these services receive information that help their companies run safer and healthier projects, operate more efficiently, provide on-time job delivery, and ultimately control customer costs.
Please visit the ECA Contact Us page to request information regarding Association membership.