September is "Suicide Prevention Month"
Construction Industry Alliance offers training.
The Construction Industry Alliance reminds all that September is "Suicide Prevention Month" and wishes to share the tools that they have created to help you join them in sharing the STAND up for Suicide Prevention message. Please click here to sign up for training. Also please click on the link below for more information.
A message from the Construction Industry Alliance:
Fellow Suicide Prevention Champions,
With September comes Suicide Prevention Month, and we are excited to share the tools that we have created to help you join us in sharing the STAND up for Suicide Prevention message.
As we shared in our last email, all organizations who have taken the STAND up pledge will be receiving a package in the mail later this week. This will contain posters, hardhat stickers and wallet cards that you can share with your teams.
Starting tomorrow, we are asking that you put the tools attached to this email to use! Please join our social media campaign by posting the attached graphics on your social media feeds each week:
9/1 – 9/4: Safe – along with the graphic, you could share ways that your organization is creating a caring culture
9/8 – 9/11: Training – along with the graphic, you could share success stories from using the Living Works or other training – and if you haven’t already had people trained, use this opportunity to sign up for free!
9/14 – 9/18: Awareness – along with the graphic, share stories or pictures of using the posters and hardhat stickers to create awareness, or the success of using one of our Toolbox Talks in safety meetings.
9/21 – 9/25: Normalize – along with the graphic, share ways that you have included the message of suicide prevention in your company’s activities
9/28 – 9/30: Decrease – along with the graphic, share stories of ways that suicide has impacted your business or employees to drive the importance of taking action
In each post please:
Other social media related activities:
- Cover images for the various platforms are also included, we would love if you would change yours for the month!
- Use the hashtag #SeptemberSTANDup
- Don’t limit yourself to these posts! Post about all of that you are doing and share stories of how people have been impacted! Please tag us @CIASP and use the hashtag!
- Share our posts – we will be using this same format for the month but sharing the resources we have available on the website, as well as stories that relate to them
- September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day. People will be paying attention to the topic of Suicide Prevention that day – please use the opportunity to challenge others to take the pledge to STAND up for Suicide Prevention. Add the hashtag #WorldSuicidePreventionDay to your posts that day so we can drive worldwide awareness!
We realize that a lot of safety meetings and other opportunities to share the message have moved to virtual at this time. Because of this, we have created a Zoom/Teams background that you can use for these to help share the message! We’d actually encourage you, and anyone else in your organization, to switch to this background for all of your virtual meetings this month, to help build awareness and start the conversation! The background is attached along with instructions on how to use it.
If you have any questions, please let us know.