The Young Professionals of ECA Chicago: 2021 Leadership Conference was a success!
The ECA Young Professionals Committee coordinated its Third Annual Young Professionals of ECA Chicago Leadership Conference.
The Young Professionals of ECA Chicago: 2021 Leadership Conference
The ECA Young Professionals Committee coordinated its Third Annual Young Professionals of ECA Chicago Leadership Conference. This successful program had over 45 registrants. The event was held on August 26 – 27, 2021 at the Journeyman Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and featured dynamic speakers: Alex Willis, Leadership Surge, John Finch, Milwaukee Tool, Tauhira Ali, Executive Director of Industry Innovation at NECA, Josh Bone, Executive Director of ELECTRI International, Jason Thurner, Milwaukee Tool, and Ian Andrews, NECA Midwest Field Representative. The overall program included overnight accommodations in Milwaukee’s historic 3rd Ward at the Journeyman Hotel, roundtrip luxury motor coach transportation, a Great Lakes Distillery tour, a rooftop social event, and more.
Highlights of the conference include the following:
- Opening remarks were made by ECA President, Richard Jamerson, and a “Welcome Address” was offered from Young Professionals Chairperson, Thomas Pedergnana.
- Alex Willis, Leadership Surge kicked off the Conference with a new presentation called, The “The Flow State.” The FLOW STATE is an Innovative Process to be more efficient, effective, and productive at work.
- Ian Andrews, NECA Midwest Region Representative introduced the NECA Peer Group Program.
- Jason Thurner, Construction Technology Manager, Milwaukee Tool presented, “Driving Change in the Future of Construction.” With looming labor shortages, volatile material costs, increasing demand and an ongoing pandemic, construction companies are facing some of the greatest challenges and highest risks to margins in decades. Solutions businesses are utilizing to find success in the “new normal” were discussed, and how technology can be leveraged to increase worker productivity and reduce material waste.
- A special tour of the Great Lakes Distillery (Wisconsin's first distillery to open since prohibition) was offered.
- “Adaptive Leadership” was presented by Alex Willis, Leadership Surge. Adaptive Leadership helps individuals and organizations adapt and thrive in challenging environments.
- “Leadership Innovation: Keeping the “Line” of Communication” was presented by Jon Finch, Vice President, Milwaukee Tool. Communication can be challenging during a normal year, add in remote work due to a pandemic, tough conversations on social justice and technology adoption challenges across generations and different behavior styles, you have a perfect storm for confusion, frustration, and lack of alignment. Challenges can be opportunities to drive change and create a stronger organizational culture with intentional communication efforts.
- “Creative Catalysts to Build the Future” was presented by Tauhira Ali, Executive Director of Industry Innovation at NECA. The attendees explored new ways to connect. The presentation offered ways to sharpen approaches to team building, communication, and problem solving in a hands-on, collaborative activity.
- A Project Management Round Table - Construction Technology Best Practices and New Tools was presented by Josh Bone, Executive Director of Electri’ International. The program considered what apps and technologies are utilized to improve communication and increase productivity. In this round table conversation, the group(s) discussed apps, hardware and software that are helping electrical contractors manage project risk.
- “Leveraging Innovation for the Future of your Company” was presented by Tauhira Ali, Executive Director of Industry Innovation at NECA. This presentation discussed ,”How do you prepare for the future when so much is unknown about the road ahead? What does 'innovation' mean in practical terms and how do you move past buzzwords to create tangible action plans?”
We thank all of the presenters, the generosity of Milwaukee Tool, and all who were able to participate with the Conference!
Pictured below are highlights of the Conference:
Pictured above from left to right are:
Rick Jamerson, ECA President, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractors, Inc. and
Thomas Pedergnana, Malko Communication Services, LLC.
Pictured above is Rick Jamerson, ECA President, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractors, Inc.,
as he introduced the program.
Pictured above is Thomas Pedergnana, Malko Communication Services, LLC.,
as he addressed the attendees.
Pictured above is Alex Willis, Leadership Surge.
Pictured above is Ian Andrews, NECA Midwest Field Representative.
Pictured above is Jason Thurner, Construction Technology Manager, Milwaukee Tool.
Pictured above is a group of Conference attendees at the Great Lakes Distillery.
Pictured above is the Rooftop Event.
Pictured above is Jon Finch, Vice President, Milwaukee Tool.
Pictured above is Tauhira Ali, NECA Executive Director of Industry Innovation,
as she began her presentation.
Pictured above is the Final "Rock, Paper, Scissors" Showdown - Team Building Session.
Pictured above is the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" Showdown champion,
Bill Siemek, McWilliams Electric Company, Inc.
Pictured above is Josh Bone, ELECTRI International Executive Director,
as he began his presentation.
Pictured above is Tauhira Ali, NECA Executive Director of Industry Innovation during her final presentation.