ECA September 9, 2021 Membership Meeting
Please review the highlights of the session!
The Electrical Contractors’ Association of City of Chicago (ECA) held its September Regular Membership meeting on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at the Drury Lane Conference Center in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. The program was held in conjunction with the Electric Association’s (EA’s) Annual Conference and Trade Show. Bob Fimbianti, ECA Vice President, Linear Electric, Inc. moderated the meeting, as Rick Jamerson, ECA President, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractors, Inc. and Mark Thomas, ECA Executive Vice President attended the NECA District 4 Council meeting on behalf of Eric Nixon, NECA Governor, Maron Electric Company.
Highlights of the meeting include the following:
- 66 registrants from the Chicago Chapter for the NECA Convention & Trade Show;
- David Witz, Continental Electrical Construction Company and Eric Nixon, Maron Electric Company will be formally recognized during the NECA Convention as they were inducted into the Academy of Electrical Contracting (2020);
- The NECA IIT Student Chapter made it into the top three finalist for the video competition of the recent Student Challenge / Electrical Contracting Industry Competition (ECIC);
- An improved search engine with Powering Chicago will enhance website traffic / contractor visibility;
- The YP Third Annual Conference was a success as nearly 50 were in attendance for the overnight Conference held in Milwaukee, WI; and
- Congratulations to Hy-Power Electric Company for celebrating 50 years in the industry!
Along with the industry and Association updates, Vice President Fimbianti introduced three guest presenters: Ali Novinger, Executive Director, Electric Association (EA); Dan Allen, Executive Director, Construction Industry Service Corporation (CISCO); and Bob Lahey, Executive Director, Construction Safety Council (CSC). Each gave updates regarding their group and emphasized the many opportunities and advantages to firms that participate with the varied programming. We thank Ali Novinger, Dan Allen and Bob Lahey for their informative presentations.
Next meeting is on Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Gibsons Steakhouse in Oak Brook, IL. The presenters will be Elbert Walters, III, Executive Director, Powering Chicago and Eileen Rochford, CEO, The Harbinger Group. We hope that you will be able to attend. Please click the link below for registration:
Pictured above is Bob Fimbianti, ECA Vice President, Linear Electric, Inc.
Pictured above is Ali Novinger, Executive Director, Electric Association (EA),
as she began her presentation.
Pictured above is Dan Allen, Executive Director,
Construction Industry Service Corporation (CISCO), as he began his presentation.
Pictured above is Bob Lahey, Executive Director,
Construction Safety Council (CSC), as he began his presentation.
Pictured above is Elbert Walters, III, Executive Director, Powering Chicago,
as he began his report.
Pictured above is Gene Kent, IBEW NECA (INTECH) Director,
as he began his report.